Ever wanted to know random titbits about dogs? Well, here are fifteen random dog related facts.
- Labrador Retriever is said to be one of the most popular dog breeds.
- An adult dog has 42 teeth.
- Dogs sweat through sweat glands that are in between their paws.
- Studies have shown that owning a dog is good for your health. For example, petting a dog releases relaxation hormones in your body and it lowers your stress hormone. Having a dog can also lower your blood pressure.
- Dogs have three eye-lids.
- A dogs normal body temperature is about 38-39C.
- Border Collies are said to be the smartest dogs.
- The Norwegian Lundehund dog breed has six toes per foot.
- Chocolate is poisonous for dogs and it can even kill a dog. See my list of other harmful foods for dogs here.
- The Chow Chow dog has a blue-black tongue as an adult.
- Greyhounds are the fastest dogs. Their speed can reach to 80 km/h (45 mph).
- Dogs hearing is four times better than humans.
- Every dogs’ nose print is different, just like humans finger prints are.
- Puppies are born without eyesight and their ear canals are closed which makes them deaf as well. These senses develop in a few weeks time.
- Dalmatians are born white. As they grow their spots start to appear.
This post is a repost. The article was originally posted in my old blog on 2015-11-15